Wednesday, August 5, 2009

however depressing this post is, I AM EXCITED FOR ITALY

In less than one month, Justin and I will be in Italy.

This is really beginning to feel very surreal.

I have had a mix of emotions these past couple of weeks. I am of course excited to go, but I am also sad to leave friends behind. I am also nervous. I don't really have an entire plan of what we are going to be doing over there. Actually, I have a very rough mental sketch of a plan. I'm sure everything will come together, but right now, I am kind of freaking out; wondering why I quit a job that I enjoy, why I am leaving a nice apartment in sunny LA, why am I saying goodbye to friends that I care about, to move to Italy. Of course I am excited to go and I think this experience will be just what I need, but right now, it's a little hard.

I bought some plastic tubs today to start packing some of our stuff for storage. I don't want to pack up my cute little apartment yet. I have a lot of stuff to do to get ready and I have really been procrastinating on mostly everything.

Also, I have 3 days of work left. :( BIG SAD FACE :( My wonderful friends at Campanile had a party for Justin and me last Sunday. I will miss everyone there. I know that there are some people that I will probably never see again and that makes me really sad. I am going to do my absolute best at keeping in touch, hence the blog. Here are some pictures from the party.

On a completely different subject, I'm pretty sure that I totaled my car tonight. Yes, the car that I had for sale. I am fine, the old lady that I hit is totally fine, but my poor little Hyundai is not so fine. I am hoping that the body shop will say that it is totaled and then I can just get the money from the insurance company and won't have to worry about finding someone to buy my car. LET'S HOPE! What happened: I was driving down Venice to meet my aunt for dinner when I was stopped at a stop light. The light turned green, and the car in front of me started to move, as did I. All of a sudden, I sneezed. When I looked up from my sneeze, the car in front of me had stopped moving, even though I had continued to accelerate. CRASH! This little old lady was driving a 1987 Honda Accord which I hit hard enough to maybe total my car and smash in my front end. There was hardly a scratch or even a chip of paint the size of a quarter missing from her rear bumper. I'm glad that she wasn't hurt and that she didn't have any damage, but wow, those Hondas! I knew I should have brought that old blue Honda out to California with me!
It's not so pretty anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment