Monday, August 10, 2009

86 Campanile and Aloha Felecia and Hawaii






























Ok, so I am still trying to figure out how to upload pictures on here so they will appear where I want them in my narrative, but they're all just together at the top for now, so I guess you will just have to keep scrolling back up to see the photos that I am talking about.

86 Campanile-
Saturday was my last day at Campanile. I am officially unemployed now. It feels kind of weird knowing that I won't go back to that kitchen to work again. we had a lot of good times there over the past 2 years. It is hard for me to believe that it is really over. But I am looking forward to the future and I am moving on to bigger things. :) Campanile and everyone there will always have a special place in my heart.

Aloha Hawaii!
Tomorrow morning I am leaving LA to go to Hawaii for one week to be a geological research assistant to my sister Katie. She is going to drill volcanoes and she needed someone to come and help her. It turns out that everyone wants an excuse to go to Hawaii, so Katie's research trip is turning into a family vacation for my mom, dad, sister and me. It should be fun, and I don't think we will be doing research the entire time. We are also planning on some snorkeling, beaching, relaxing, eating, and general vacationing. :) The only problem is that Hurricane Felecia (well, I think she might be a tropical storm now) is supposed to arrive in Hawaii just a couple of hours before we do. This might cause a lot of delays not to mention I'm sure a lot of turbulence. I have stocked up on Dramamine just in case. I am bringing my computer with me, so hopefully I will be able to download and post some pics of the volcanoes and beaches. I have never been to Hawaii before, so I am very excited!

My car is worth how much?!?!
As you can see from the picture above, there was quite a bit of damage to my car in the accident last week. I was hoping that they would say that it was totaled and that I would get some money from the insurance, but I wasn't expecting too much. I had my car started at $3500 the 3 days that it was for sale before I crashed it. I hadn't gotten any offers. The adjuster from the insurance company called me tonight and told me that yes, my car was totaled. Then she said that they valued my car at $5700!!! I was very surprised to say the least. I think this is about what I paid for it 2 years ago. So in a couple of weeks I should be getting a check in the mail for a nice little bonus to get us started in Italy. I guess crashing my car didn't turn out to be too bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment